J. Benton Construction is looking for a team player who handles jam-packed days juggling tasks, and is excited about the organization and management of a busy, professional office and the people who work in it. The person in this position is most often the first impression of our company who works their magic in the background to ensure Executives and Management have what they need when they need it. The Office Manager position is a permanent, in-house, full-time (40+ hours) position at our office located in Orange Grove, St. Croix.
Below is a list of general responsibilities we have identified as important to keep our administrative and office operations running smoothly. This is not a complete list and adapts as our Team’s needs change. We look to this person to make suggestions and implement processes and procedures that will facilitate efficiency.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as information management, documentation, requisition of administrative, requisition of equipment and routine maintenance, and other high-level administrative services.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications and technology.
- Supports the President and other Management in high-level tasks.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Researches and develops resources that create a timely and efficient workflow.
- Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Plans office layout, develops office budget, and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Reviews clerical and expense records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Prepares activities reports for guidance of management.
- Coordinates activities and events of various departments or employees within department.
- Customer & vendor management
- Ensures timely and proper maintenance of office systems and equipment.
We are looking to find the perfect Office Manager with business acumen who can make sound decisions and work well with others. Having a good attitude, wanting to help people and finding creative ways to solve probelms are at the top of our list. This takes skill and experience. In order to be considered for the Office Manager position, the candidate must be proficient in the following skills:
- Outstanding attention to detail and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional public speaker and presenter.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person with customers and internal departments.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
As part of the administrative support team, we don’t build the buildings, we help the people who build the buildings! Below are a few other requirements we’d like to see in the right candidate:
- Prefer 3-5 years related experience and/or training in Office Management or similar position.
- Familiar with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint).
- Familiar with basic office machines.
- Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally.
- Must have reliable transportation and show up for work on time every day.
- Must possess a valid USVI Driver’s license.
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime.
J. Benton has a reputation of excellent quality project performance – we also take pride in the way we treat each other. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (health, vision, dental) and an opportunity to participate in our 401K program. If you would like to be considered for our Office Manager position, please email your resume to HRManager@jbcvi.com. We will be scheduling interviews to speak with individuals in person. Unfortunately, this position does not provide a re-location package.
J. Benton Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.