J. Benton is seeking a full-time, on-site Quality Control Manager (QC Manager). The initial assignment is our National Park Service (NPS) project on St John, USVI. The QC Manager is responsible for executing the project’s Quality Control program; formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with project managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs. The salary range for this position is $90k – $130K, depending on experience and qualifications and there is a re-location incentive provided.
- Coordinate, document, and report on Quality Control inspections and material testing
- Inspect, or coordinate inspections, of installations to ensure compliance with project specifications
- Identify, document, and resolve quality deficiencies
- Maintain testing log and coordinate outside testing
- Coordinate and document pre-op and follow up meetings
- Act as resource for specific quality related issues
- Manage subcontractor quality efforts
- Perform material verification inspections and maintain reporting
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 5-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Federal project experience and NAVFAC or USACE “CQM” certification a plus.
J. Benton has a reputation of excellent quality project performance – we also take pride in the way we treat each other. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (health, vision, dental) and an opportunity to participate in our 401K program. If you would like to be considered for our Quality Control Manager position, please email your resume to HRManager@jbcvi.com for the opportunity to schedule an initial virtual interview.
J. Benton Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.